SPOT 2020 Presentation
About the Presentation
Only 5% of the universe is made of of material we understand - normal matter. The other 95% is made up of dark matter and dark energy, which we know very little about. We are learning more, however, through the new tool of gravitational wave analysis. Gravitational waves can tell us about colliding black holes, colliding galaxies, and much more. Scientists right here in Montana are working on gravitational waves! This presentation gives an introduction to the universe as we can observe it on the "light side" and how we are learning to observe the mysterious "dark side". Request a presentation for your classroom today!