2023 LiftOff Summer Institute Teacher Opportunity
June 25 - 30, 2023
MSGC is sponsoring one Montana 5-12 classroom teacher to attend the Texas Space Grant Consortium's Liftoff Summer Institute in 2023. Sponsorship includes airfare to Houston, Texas and registration fee of $1,250 (which includes lodging, meals and tours).
The LiftOff Summer Institute is a weeklong professional development training for teachers that emphasizes science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) learning through a space science theme supported by NASA missions.
- Presentations by NASA scientists and engineers
- Hands-on, inquiry based classroom activities aligned to educational standards
- Career Exploration
- Teacher Feature (sharing of classroom lessons and activities)
- Opportunity to interact with researchers dedicated to space missions
- Currently employed as a 5-12 grade classroom educator
- Demonstrate willingness to share information with others
- Must be a U.S. citizen
APPLICATIONS TO MSGC
- What is your formal education and teaching experience? (Degree, Years Taught, etc.)
- What is your current assignment? (Describe job responsibilities and other related duties.)
- List professional activities. (In-service participation, membership in professional organizations, # of workshops taught and audience.)
- Other teacher-related activities. (Educational outreach activities in the community, youth programs, etc.)
- Submit a STEM lesson plan.
If you have NEVER attended the LiftOff Summer Institute before – in 100 words minimum, 500 maximum:
- What do you expect to gain from attending the LiftOff Summer Institute?
- What are some ways you would incorporate space science materials into your classroom?
- How would you share the information you receive with fellow educators?
- Why would you like to be selected for the LiftOff Summer Institute?
If you ARE a LiftOff Alumni – in 100 words minimum, 500 maximum:
- How have you used the LiftOff information, lessons, and resources with students?
- In what ways have you shared the LiftOff information with fellow educators?
- How has the LiftOff Summer Institute helped you as a teacher?
- Why would you like to be selected to return for the LiftOff Summer Institute?